Seneca Group-BRGR LLC is a business consulting firm serving public and private clients in the global transportation industry. We offer a unique combination of hands-on technical experience, an in-depth understanding of transportation law, regulation and finance, and significant experience in relating business issues to the governmental process.
What We Do
We have specific experience in the areas where the public and private sectors intersect, such as with government-funded projects. We have prepared and analyzed applications for federal grants and loans up to several hundred million dollars in value. Seneca Group-BRGR professionals have performed financial and benefit-cost analyses for a range of transportation project types. Many of our engagements have involved helping clients navigate different aspects of policy development and regulatory compliance. Seneca Group-BRGR has a niche proficiency in railroad rolling stock, with a specialty in motive power propulsion systems and controls. We have participated in research and pilot projects in the areas of sensors, propulsion, and energy efficiency. Our teams have performed traditional market assessments for firms in the railway operations and supply sectors, and supported companies with their product development, market entry, and acquisition strategies. We have carried out substantial international project work for individual foreign governments and multilateral organizations.
Seneca Group-BRGR is a part of Blank Rome Government Relations LLC, a full-service, bipartisan government affairs firm composed of top lobbying and strategic advocacy professionals with first-hand knowledge of the legislative and administrative process. This parent government relations practice supports the transportation, state and local government, energy, and defense sectors.
Seneca Group-BRGR’s team has extensive hands-on experience in roles such as executive management, accounting and finance, marketing, engineering, and government affairs. They have supported acquisitions and restructuring; helped develop new railway technology; supported major capital project and investment efforts; and negotiated commercial contracts, mergers, and acquisitions. They have gained this experience while working for a diverse array of transportation systems domestically and abroad. Our firm can assemble multidisciplinary teams on short notice, capable of addressing a very wide range of engagements.
How We Can Help
Our professionals understand the complex environment in which companies, transportation authorities, and government agencies operate. Service areas include:
- Demand and market analyses
- Capital planning and budgeting
- Due diligence and credit risk analysis
- Financial modeling, projections, and scenarios
- Funding identification and feasibility analysis
- Project stakeholder analysis and communications
- Loan and grant application preparation
- Life-cycle cost, transportation, and benefit-cost analyses
- Public and policy communications support
- Domestic content (“Buy America”) compliance
- Feasibility studies and project structuring
- Project scoping, budgeting, and scheduling
- Stakeholder identification and coordination
- Project risk analyses
- Startup and management support, compliance, and QA/QC
- Rolling stock procurement support and oversight
- Regulatory and contract compliance for systems
- Positive Train Control (“PTC”) on-board systems support
- Motive power engineering management consulting