Lessons for NGOs, Think Tanks, Sovereign Wealth Funds, PR Firms, and More
Hilton Washington DC Capitol Hill
525 New Jersey Ave, NW
Blank Rome Blank Rome Government Relations principal Jennifer L. Carrier, who also serves as Policy & Political Law of counsel at Blank Rome LLP, will speak as a panelist at American Conference Institute’s (“ACI”) 3rd National Forum on FARA—Foreign Agents Registration Act, being held on Thursday, December 9, 2021, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., in Washington, D.C.
Jen’s session, “Lessons for NGOs, Think Tanks, Sovereign Wealth Funds, PR Firms, and More,” will take place from 12:15 to 1:00 p.m. and will cover:
- Navigating registration requirements for to minimize legal liabilities
- Challenges posed by the broad language of the law around “political activities”
- Activities that might trigger an inquiry letter and document request
- Pitfalls to avoid when getting foreign grants or funding for projects
About the Forum
With a sharp increase in FARA cases, it is critical to stay up to speed on the latest DOJ Advisory Opinions on key exemptions and requirements—and their practical implications.
Government speakers include:
- Jay Bratt, Chief, Counterintelligence & Export Control Section, National Security Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- Jennifer Gelliem Chief of the FARA Unit, U.S. Department of Justice
- Heather Hunt, Senior Counsel for FARA Administration, U.S. Department of Justice
For more information and to register, please visit the event webpage.